Works For Me Wednesday: Being a blessing and Gift Baskets

You know, I had a Works for Me Wednesday and then I totally forgot what it was.....how silly! And I honestly don't know if I can think of something else. Really, there are things that work for me! Like: Finding joy in being a blessing to others, whether through a gift, a card, a text or e-mail. By being patient in a long line at the store. Being one who makes others feel like royalty. One thing I love to do when asked by my Pastors is put together gift baskets for people. Whether they be visiting ministers, or a family in the church who needs it. But I have found a key to making it a real blessing is to personalize it. When I was first asked to do this, I thought, "I don't want to just give any ho-hum fruit basket (nothing wrong with a fruit basket mind you)" and I don't want it to be chock full of "junk" foods either. So I set out to find out what the recipient liked. For example, their favorite fruits, snacks, beverages, magazines, hobbies, colors of their home, allergies, etc.. Then I set out (oops already said that phrase. Oh well), to put together a basket that was tailored to them. They love that! When we would bring in guest speakers to our youth camp we'd put together baskets. One year we had a husband, wife and their little girl. We put together 3 seperate baskets (one for each of them). They were tickled pink especially because we included their little one in on the fun. And because we included things that interested them. My heart in blessing others especially company, or visiting ministries to our church is to make them feel like royalty! Whether in the meals we serve them (even if it's pizza or sub sandwiches). They should leave feeling like they are family and as though they want to stay. I would encourage you to do this even for your pastors every now and then. Find out their likes, favorites and just bless them with an amazing gift basket. You could include movie tickets (costco has a great deal), gift cards, a plant or fun serving containers. The options are limitless, and they feel blessed. Pastors easily get sucked dry and it's nice for them to know that they are loved and cared for as well. Wow, I came up with a WFMW and got on a soap box all at the same time!

Here are a few examples of one basket I did for our pastors several years ago. All my other pics are prints and in storage. I just love to get creative even with the packaging.

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. VERY Nice! I do the same thing! I LOVE making baskets for people - it blesses me just to do them. Blessings to you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's inspiring! I would love to make gift baskets for our 3 pastors and just leave them outside their office doors anonymously. I know they are all overworked and super busy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts